[Tango-L] Heel-first versus Toe-first, teaching history

Jeff Gaynor jjg at jqhome.net
Thu Mar 15 15:08:34 EDT 2007

Tom Stermitz wrote:

<snip/>

>My position comes from the fact that I am teaching normal, (mostly
>middle-aged) adults. When I teach ballerinas or someone from
>ballroom, I pull them aside for more specific words.

Tom et al,

One of the women who has recently taken up CE in our community is a
ballroom dancer with quite a bit of experience. As I do not teach tango,
could I trouble any or all of you for things I should watch for to help
her? She is very motivated to learn but I know that she is frustrated.

Thanks in Advance,

Jeff G