[Tango-L] Heel-first versus Toe-first

TimmyTango@aol.com TimmyTango at aol.com
Mon Mar 12 19:06:28 EDT 2007

In a message dated 3/12/07 3:55:16 PM Central Standard Time,
patangos at yahoo.com writes:

<< So I think I finally have a reasonable answer to whether
 one steps forward with the heel first or the toe first.
 But I want to see what findings others have on this
 technical difference.  >>

Trina
For a very long time I delt with this same delema.
In BsAs I'd have a lessons with a teacher who says heel, toe.
Then the next day another teachers says Toe, heal.
Reading you post I feel you think to much on what is happening  and just
react to the feeling.
If it hurts don't do it. If it feels good, why stop.

For me I ended up by
When taking long, slow steps I land heel, toe.
Mainly because you can not take a large step and land on your toe. It's
impossible with out hurting your self.
Then to take  a small, quick steps, landing on your heel, looks  me, looks
just as funny.
 and it doesn't feel normal either.

When I'm walking slowly, usually taking long steps, I land on my heel.
When I'm walking quickly, the step get shorter, thus I land on my toes.

This is one area where I let my own body, or feelings tell me what to do
instead of some other person. If that isn't enough, take a video tape of youself
performing both walks and decide which looks best to you. I think you'll find
my thought correct.

Timmy in Cleveland<BR><BR><BR>**************************************<BR> AOL
now offers free email to everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL
at http://www.aol.com.