[Tango-L] Milonga Reviews

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Sun Mar 4 06:05:00 EST 2007

Jay wrote:

> Perhaps you don't do practicas where you live. But here at least, a
> practica is usually used to study step pattern options, dynamics,
> momentum, etc,  connection between partners is low on the priority list.

We do practicas. But connection remains high priority. People understand
that practicing steps at expense of connection is a waste of time - at best.

> Also it is accepted protocol that the rule to keep things moving in
> line-of-dance is not followed at practicas. It's explicitly OK to stand
> in one place and work out a step.

Well, it's encouraging to read that too is untrue of these BsAs practicas,
at least according to previous reports on this list, such as Meredith's

 In the practicas, as in the milongas, the same rules about navigation
 apply (staying in your lane, not passing the couple in front of you,
 continuing to move around the floor so that the people behind you don't
 get stuck with nowhere to go...

Chris