[Tango-L] Milonga Reviews

Jay Rabe jayrabe at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 4 00:09:52 EST 2007

Chris,
     I certainly did not say nor imply the connotation you applied, namely that they "prefer(ed) to practice dancing of a lower standard."

     Frankly, I don't understand your confusion. Perhaps you don't do practicas where you live. But here at least, a practica is usually used to study step pattern options, dynamics, momentum, etc, and connection between partners is low on the priority list. Also it is accepted protocol that the rule to keep things moving in line-of-dance is not followed at practicas. It's explicitly OK to stand in one place and work out a step.