[Tango-L] Orquesta Color Tango with Vocalists

Stephen.P.Brown@dal.frb.org Stephen.P.Brown at dal.frb.org
Mon Jun 11 10:16:19 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone:

I have heard that the Orquesta Color Tango is now performing with several
vocalists.  I have heard mixed opinion whether the orchestra's live
playing with the vocalists is suitable for dancing.

The Color Tango CD Yunta Brava features vocalist Eduardo Espinoza on about
half the tracks, and the vocal tracks on that CD seem to belong more to
the concert era than the dance era.

Rather than concentrate on these recorded tracks, I am interested in an
assessment from those who have heard Color Tango play for a milonga with a
vocalist.

When they are playing live for a milonga, who is the vocalist performing
with Color Tango?
How suitable is Orquesta Color Tango's live playing at milongas with a
vocalist for social dancing?
When they are playing live for a milonga with a vocalist, how much does
Color Tango sound like vocal tracks on their Yunta Brava CD?

With best regards,
Steve