[Tango-L] "You'll both be in a lean.."

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Sun Jun 10 13:28:21 EDT 2007

Sorry, forgot something..

The reason for my excitement with this thread is that I just finished a
little series of Apilado workshops - four, and the response from the
students was very good.
"Wow!", that is what they say,
"I understand other tango much better now"
"It is much easier to dance milonga like this"
and so on..
It takes some time to get through - core, trust, balancing required much
greater skill and so on... One fights her own instincts to step vertically
on the foot while she should preserve Apilado.

By the way, if you do not know.. It may sound strange, but a woman in
Apilado is very active. She is much more active than in other types of close
embrace. She should be, otherwise it does not work.

Igor.

* * *
Suddenly everyone started to say such a good things about Apilado - dancing
with a lean:
going up and forward, extending the leg, trust, core !

Great, finally this way of dancing started to get accepted! I am so glad.

Yes, this is the way to dance in close embrace. One who learned it, say it
is magical !

Still, I do not think it was like that some time ago. What happened? Why it
became much more accepted?

Igor Polk