[Tango-L] Gerardo Portalea

ceverett@ceverett.com ceverett at ceverett.com
Mon Jun 11 22:56:04 EDT 2007

Geraldo Portalea's death deserves more than a short notice.

If I recall correctly, this man was considered by many the embodiment of
the Villa Urquiza style of tango and one of the great dancers of all
time.  He was often mentioned in the same breath as greats like Virulazo
and Gavito.

The world is poorer for his passing.

Christopher Everett