[Tango-L] Effective Practice

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Mon Jul 30 07:45:58 EDT 2007

 Igor,

 What is happeneing to you - are you on drugs? You've always been a little eccentric, but the English quite like eccentrics. But
 now your blathering like an idiot.

 Lets take a 3rd gentleman. He dances with a partner as much as possible - whenever he has the opportinity. But he wants to
 progress more quickly and, when no partner is availble, he practices alone. He walks endlessly, backwards and forward,
 concentrating on correct footwork, style and posture. He improves his stability and balance by pivotting endlessly. He becomes
 so good he can do a triple-360 pivot forward and the same backward - in either direction, without even a wobble. He becomes
 an expert at the Lapiz - again, a triple turn is nothing to him. He also practicises all the followers steps - Front and Back Ochos,
  Giros in either direction, embellishments - anything he can think of. He studies possible combinations and dances them alone.
  He practices until he has the body and the muscles of a trained dancer. But still - if a partner is availble, dancing with her always
  comes first. And, always, night and day, dancing, practicing, eating, driving, making love - he listens to Tango music until he knows every
 orchestra, every tune, every song. He can hum and sing along to all of it.

 So, Igor, which of the 3 gentlemen will be the best dancer?

 And, Chris, UK - do you have an answer?

 Keith, HK

 On Mon Jul 30 12:59 , "Igor Polk"  sent: