[Tango-L] Flaming women at classes

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 24 19:41:50 EDT 2007

Based on my conversations over many years with people who
left tango, decided not to continue, etc., Christopher's
comments are accurate.  It was certainly a problem here,
partly because of the impression that tango was hard or was
for "thinking people".  As one of our most committed
students once told me ("I had heard about tango earlier,
but for some reason I thought it was elitist.  I can't
point to specific thing, though, that gave me that
impression.")

Aside from that, comments of the non-committed were mostly
about their own scheduling issues or finances.  Or in the
case of Pittsburghers, they move to other cities.  Sigh.

Otherwise, I hadn't heard many comments about tango being
too difficult to learn or that it was unimpressive.

Trini de Pittsburgh