[Tango-L] Four Layers of Tango Learning

dchester@charter.net dchester at charter.net
Thu Jul 19 21:33:20 EDT 2007

Steve (or anyone else for that matter),

Would you be so kind as to explain what you mean by "Structure of the Dance"?  I think I understand the other three layers you listed (although I suppose I could be wrong about those), but I'm quite sure about not understanding the third layer you mentioned.

As you might guess, I'm a beginner to Tango (almost 5 months into it), but so far it's been a fun hobby to enjoy with my wife.

Thanks,

David

From: Stephen.P.Brown at dal.frb.org
Subject: [Tango-L] Approaches to Learning and Authencity (or the lack
	of if)

As I see it, there are four layers of tango learning (from the top to the
foundation).

4) Step Patterns and Choreographies
3) Structure of the Dance
2) Quality of Movement