[Tango-L] Tango : the resistence years (1960-1970)

Alberto Gesualdi clambat2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Jul 19 11:03:47 EDT 2007

Dear friends from tango list
I will like to comment about a new series of tango music that has been issued this days by sony-bmg in Argentina
The series are called "La resistencia del Tango  (1960-1970)" ,and include recordings made on those years by Quinteto Real from Salgan, Enrique Mario Francini sextet, Baffa &  Berlingieri , Leopoldo Federico , Sexteto Tango with Jorge Maciel,. There are more CDs, but this mentioned are the one I bought and listen to.

They are excellent. Masterizing of the original analogic records, without any doctoring of the sound , has made a rara avis of this collection. On those years, tango entered in Argentina into a dark cone , due to many reasons, rock music , syndicate of musics, and some latin music records that intend to copycat popular schemes of "west side story" kids from the usa , without an outcome that it is still not clear ( The so called "Club del Clan" where everybody danced and sing , with underrate performances )

The cds are presented as "little long plays" as they were published originally, i.e. into a carton cd size with the inner depliant that used to come with the longplays those years.

Without knowing, this musicians were working for the future, making their best to survive in a shrinking music world for tango in Argentina. Orchestras have to be replaced by sextets, or quintets, or close.

Music houses were not interested into tango music , and in some cases, original catalog recordings were destroyed ( as was the case of a Mejia manager into RCA Victor, the creator of this "Club del clan" gang ).

But there is also a person that has to be mentioned, Aquiles Giacometti, a new manager that came into RCA Victor and made strong efforts to record again what can be saved from the wreckage, namely, Piazzolla , also D Arienzo ( which was part of a personal compromise of this manager , since there was intense pressure to record a long play with one of the members of the club del clan, but the man hold the pressure and have D Arienzo recording ).

Technology on those years introduced stereo recording for the first time ever, so this CDs are doctored with estereo sound, an extra gift,.

The price is really a bargain , around usd 7 each one.

May you enjoy this music from "the dark years " :) I am really happy with my "little long plays " format

alberto

p.s. Zivals is presenting this collection complete, as his "new of the month" release ,at  http://www.tangostore.com/home.php?lang=e

p.s.1. not all the CDs are as good as this I mentioned, the ones of Floreal Ruiz and Roberto Rufino .... are from their late years, better stay with their recordings with troilo and di sarli ....

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas