[Tango-L] Assistance to Igor on a historical question....

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Wed Jul 18 20:39:32 EDT 2007

Dear Sr. Amaury,

There is no need for sarcasm. My questions were plain and straightforward.
Please, understand them as is:

1. Please, point to the good video records of Tango made in Europe before
1950. ( preferably 1910-1930 ).
2. Please point to the place where I can get European tango collections of
the period 1910-1952.
( I am going to pay for them ).

The reason why I am asking is that I am very interested in that. I believe
tango was danced excellently in Europe, and music was quite good - good
enough for modern milongas.

I am so glad that you, Sr. Amaury, took some of your valuable time from
lectures and contributed to the list. May be now, knowing that you are a
real expert in tango and other cultural affairs, we can count on your
contribution to these simple and real-life questions.

I suppose you are in Europe now, so you can find answers to these questions
easier than others.

Thank you !

Igor Polk
PS These questions are not to a specific person, but to anyone who can
REALLY help me.