[Tango-L] 6 months

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:15:48 EDT 2007

Dear Steve,

I guess we can agree that "mastery" and "passable" have vastly different
meanings to me and you. Perhaps it's my skill level in English. Please
excuse it on the grounds that it's not my native language.

Also, I agree with you on that students need not become dependent on their
teachers. Attending milongas and practicas is also the best way to refine
and put into practice what one learns in the class. Again, you and many
others are right in saying that the goal of learning the tango is to dance
and have fun. And really, it's quite possible that a particular student
might be ready to leave the teacher after a few weeks or months. After all,
if one has taught them all one knows, there is nothing left to do but go
elsewhere to learn more. ;-)

Sincerely,

Manuel