[Tango-L] Origins

Konstantin Zahariev anfractuoso at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:14:35 EDT 2007

Hi,

I did mention the apache, just today. However the apache may have
influenced not the tango dance, but the myths about tango.

And yes, there was no implicit claim from me that Valentino was a
_tango_ taxi dancer, I just mentioned him as an example of a taxi
dancer.

Lastly, that tango was exported to Paris (and not the other way
around) is, more or less, a non-controversial statement backed up by
documents. As to the interaction between Paris and Buenos Aires, there
is a very interesting systematic account of the comings and goings of
Latin Americans between 1880-1920 in a PhD dissertation by Ingrid Fey.

With best regards,

Konstantin
Victoria, Canada