[Tango-L] Who is teaching toe-first method of walking?

june es esjune at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:26:43 EDT 2007

I personally know of one young dancer of the Mora Godoy school in Buenos
Aires who taught this technique. Another young dancer, visiting from Colon,
is teaching this method in Sydney, Australia.
The former encouraged us to push off on the standing leg to cover more
distance. My take on this technique is that it is useful only under some
circumstances. One walks differently even while dancing to the same piece of
music, depending on the dynamics of the music which calls for the physical
implementation by different footwork.