[Tango-L] Zwi Migdal

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 15:29:25 EST 2007

By the way, after the owner of the book, the first people
that wanted to read it were the Argentine women who live
here.  I don't think they knew much about that part of
Argentine history, so Pablo's intent of "bringing historic
facts to light" was accomplished here.

Trini

--- "Trini y Sean (PATangoS)" <patangos at yahoo.com> wrote:

> By the way, after the band played here, a book began
> circulating (I'm still waiting my turn) about Zwi Migdal.
>
> Here's what I can recall from what the owner of the book
> summarized for me.  The book was difficult to research
> because people did not want to revisit that part of
> Argentine history.  Some of the women who were victimized
> by Zwi Migdal pooled some of their earnings together and
> started their own church.  When one of them died, the
> other
> women would pay for the funeral arrangements.  The last
> woman left died fairly recently, and I think the church
> and
> the property went into government hands.  As I said
> earlier, though, I am still waiting my turn to read the
> book, so I could be a off.
>
> Trini de Pittsburgh

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://patangos.home.comcast.net/