[Tango-L] Zwi Migdal

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 29 15:04:35 EST 2007

By the way, after the band played here, a book began
circulating (I'm still waiting my turn) about Zwi Migdal.
Here's what I can recall from what the owner of the book
summarized for me.  The book was difficult to research
because people did not want to revisit that part of
Argentine history.  Some of the women who were victimized
by Zwi Migdal pooled some of their earnings together and
started their own church.  When one of them died, the other
women would pay for the funeral arrangements.  The last
woman left died fairly recently, and I think the church and
the property went into government hands.  As I said
earlier, though, I am still waiting my turn to read the
book, so I could be a off.

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- Caroline Polack <runcarolinerun at hotmail.com> wrote:

> As per Hector Pablo Pereyra's post to Lucia, he said he
> picked this name in
> order to bring about awareness and discussion.
>
> Whether you all agree or not with his choice of band
> name, he certainly got
> your attention and he certainly got you talking about it.
>
> He achieved his purpose. Just wondering if anybody
> noticed that.

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://patangos.home.comcast.net/