[Tango-L] The ZVI MIGDAL group

Huck Kennedy huck at eninet.eas.asu.edu
Mon Jan 29 14:48:02 EST 2007

Lucia <curvasreales at yahoo.com.ar> writes:

> Certainly you don't work for Gucci,

     What gave me away?  My frayed Levi 501's?

> nor heard of McLuhan.

     That seems a bit of a kneejerk reaction, especially
since I haven't ventured any opinion on the particular
name you're arguing about whatsoever.

     At any rate, for the amusement of any Annie Hall fans
out there:

LUCIA:  It's the influence of television.  Now, now Marshall
McLuhan deals with it in terms of it being a, a high--high
intensity, you understand?  A hot medium--

WOODY ALLEN:  What I wouldn't give for a large sock with
horse manure in it.

LUCIA:  --as opposed to the truth which he [sees as the]
media or--

WOODY ALLEN:  What can you do when you get stuck on a movie
line with a gal like this behind you?

LUCIA:  Now, Marshall McLuhan--

WOODY ALLEN:  You don't know anything about Marshall
McLuhan's work--

LUCIA:  Really?  Really?  I happen to teach a class at Columbia
called TV, Media and Culture, so I think that my insights
into Mr. McLuhan, well, have a great deal of validity.

WOODY ALLEN:  Oh, do you?

LUCIA:  Yeah.

WOODY ALLEN:  Oh, that's funny, because I happen to have
Mr. McLuhan right here.  Come over here for a second?

LUCIA:  Oh--

WOODY ALLEN:  Tell him.

MARSHALL McLUHAN:  --I heard, I heard what you were
saying.  You, you know nothing of my work.  How you ever
got to teach a course in anything is totally amazing.

WOODY ALLEN:  Boy, if life were only like this.

Huck