[Tango-L] The ZVI MIGDAL group

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 26 16:48:13 EST 2007

Then you'd be missing a treat.  Zvi Migdal came twice to
Pittsburgh last year and both times provided an
entertaining and educational concert that gave us a glimpse
of Argentine culture and history.  Their name is
thought-provoking and adds to the event.

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- Lucia <curvasreales at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> Hector,
>
>   Why did your  group of musicians name itself after an
> infamous  white slavery organization, the "Zvi Migdal"
> that kidnapped and  smuggled girls from Europe to
> Argentina and the South America and  forced them into
> prostitution, for 50 long years?!
>
>   Looking at your description of the Zvi Migdal operation
> on your website
> http://www.thezvimigdal.com/band/name.html, you seem to
> be proud of  your choice. A leer, maybe...
>
>   In our times, when forced prostitution is such a grave
> worldwide  problem, your group displays an atrocious  bad
> taste, to say the  very least.
>
>   Lucia
>
>   PS As an idea, I don't know where you are playing, but
> I would boycott you, for sure.

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://patangos.home.comcast.net/