[Tango-L] a little sonic something

Megan Pingree meganpingree at comcast.net
Fri Jan 19 12:58:26 EST 2007

HI Jeff and listeros

I had the same thought, initially, about the speed.  But I test
danced it and decided that it was possible as is.  I do think,
though, that it will be danceable by more people -- less intimidating
to less experienced dancers -- if slowed down some.

Ok, I just listened to both, danced around my kitchen, and compared
them both to popular valses in my playlists.  I have some (eg
"Etincelles", "Dolores" by Canaro) as slow as your slower one ( ~ 60
bpm). I have Canaro's  "Aclamacion" at 60 bpm that has that very
Viennese feel mentioned by Huck.  it's partly the horns that take it
away from what we think of as iconic Argentine -- tho Canaro and
Lomuto both used horns a fair amount.

  I have more in the range of the faster one (~70 bpm) (eg De
Angelis'  classics).  I end up feeling as tho the faster one feels
faster than it really is; it's totally danceable and delightful.
Either one could be used, depending on what it's being mixed with and
what kind of energy the Dj is going for.

Megan Pingree