[Tango-L] a little sonic something

Huck Kennedy huck at eninet.eas.asu.edu
Fri Jan 19 12:35:53 EST 2007

jjg at jqhome.net (Jeff) writes:

> I have decided I like tango so much I thought I'd try my hand at writing a waltz:
>
> http://www.jqhome.net/vals.mp3
>
> Normally I write abstract music, so this is my first attempt at something that
> is supposed to be "danceable." Now, seeing as it dates from Monday I guess
> this counts a nuevo... :o> I would certainly appreciate any comments from you
> all.

     I think it's a wonderful effort, my only reservation
being that I get much more of a Viennese feel and mood
from it than a Buenos Aires one (as you probably know,
both waltzes have similar tempos, but different moods,
which, of course, is highly subjective and not easily
defined).  I'm tempted to give a copy to our local
ballroom teacher to try out in class for a Viennese
routine at ASU.

     I also agree with your other correspondents that
the first version was too fast.

Huck