[Tango-L] Transition of Tango Music

AJ Azure azure.music at verizon.net
Wed Feb 28 00:55:20 EST 2007

Nina,
No contradiction at all. You're reading into my post incorrectly. I don't
see classical that way. As a film composer I often work in the medium.
Classical music is seen as stuffy because, of the elitist snobs who ruin it
for people rather than the people who choose to leave it. They leave it not
because they can't cut it but, because, they are alienated from it.
I left it because, you just can't make a decent living playing it. I play
all styles of music fairly well so it's not an inferiority issue.

In most music circles there is always a trend of downing some other style as
not being as good or as authentic, or "that's not music", etc. that's what
I've been seeing on this list and that s what kills things. As far as
innovation see jazz fusion  as an example. Consider nuevo tango music as a
fusion style of old and new. Nothing wrong with a fusion style. It bringa
about some fresh material and yet makes the new artists examine the old
music.

_A.