[Tango-L] types of valses?

anfractuoso anfractuoso anfractuoso at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 11:01:30 EST 2007

Ah, thank you!! That's exactly what I was hoping for. I can't believe
I missed that description of a boston style vals..

By the way, some of the dates are wrong on the excerpt on Rosita Melo
you quoted. She was indeed 14 when she composed this famous vals.
However this happened in 1911, not 1917. She was born in Uruguay to
Italian parents in 1897, not 1903, and emigrated to Argentina around
1899 when she was two years old (not in 1906).

Cheers