[Tango-L] The Suggested Lead

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Mon Dec 31 06:53:18 EST 2007

Tango For Her wrote:
> Michael wrote:
>
> "If the frame is weak, she can't track the center."
>

> I just wanted to clarify ... if you go to the extreme
> of providing no frame for your follower, here is what
> happens:

No.

If you provide no frame, there is no way to communicate at all. It's like
having a conversation about philisophy with someone with your mouth
taped over.

What you name "no frame" is actually just as much a frame. It's
just one that uses little static resistance and one with a little
flexibility and little jerk (as defined in physics - the derivative
of acceleration).

It's not weak, it's light.

If it's really weak, then the follower really has no way if knowing
where you're going, and she has to feel it when it's too late (the
tango equivalent to bungee jumping) when an (incorrect) framing
relationship is eventually re-established.

No doubt it keeps the follower in her toes, but not in a good way.
Shock and awe should be reserved for military uses.