[Tango-L] The Suggested Lead

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Fri Dec 28 10:50:48 EST 2007

Tango for her wrote:

> Michael wrote:
>
> "If the frame is weak, she can't track the center."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

> I just wanted to clarify ... if you go to the extreme
> of providing no frame for your follower, here is what
> happens:
>
> 1. She follows the best that she can.
>
> 2. You become acutely aware of where she is, how she
> is following, her timing, and a lot more.

I can tell you that I will never go back to
> leading with a strong frame, except for during the
> occassional move that warrants it.

If I have no frame, I'm not aware of where the woman is and
what foot she is on. I never wrote to dance with a strong
frame. If anything, dance with a firm frame. Strong and firm
are not the same. A firm frame is like a cast on an arm. It
gives support to the arm and the arm moves when the upper
body moves. An alternative explanation is the the man's
right arm is like a seat belt that keeps the woman in the
correct position relative to the man. If the frame is weak,
she doesn't move with the man's frame and is left behind.

Michael Ditkoff
Washington, DC
Picking up my bus ticket to NY today for New Year's Eve at
www.celebratetango.com

I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango