[Tango-L] any advice for bad shoulders?

Carol Shepherd arborlaw at comcast.net
Mon Dec 24 14:18:29 EST 2007

ramiro garcia wrote:
> --- jjg <jjg at jqhome.net> wrote:
>
>> Um, me too. Couple of things to consider.
>>
>> * Best I got on shoulders was here:
>>
>> http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1426252&cr=
>
> Interesting article! I intend to try a few things in it.

Great link, I just bookmarked it.  Scapular downward rotation syndrome
is a huge problem for anyone sitting at a computer keyboard for extended
periods of time.

There's a good stretch for this (depending on height).  Go to your
nearest doorway, stand in the doorway, place the palm of your hand
against one side of doorway and with a straight arm rotate your shoulder
and upper torso into the doorway until you feel the stretch (you will
feel it in the front in the crook of your arm at the armpit.  For the
left, place the palm at 10 o'clock and 11 o'clock (ie, on the top and on
the side near the top) and for the right, place the palm at 2 o'clock
and 1 o'clock.  Of course, be gentle, don't tense up, and, breathe.

The other stretch good for this (depending on your flexibility) is to
clasp your hands behind your back and raise up to the shoulder level and
rotate the meaty part of the away from the back with the fingers laced
inside out.
--
Carol Ruth Shepherd
Arborlaw PLC