[Tango-L] Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 24 03:29:11 EST 2007

The man leads. He determines the step. That is his role.
But there is so much more to this dance than leading steps.

If I dance to the same music with 10 different women,
together we will create 10 very different dances. I will
lead every step for every dance, and the women will follow.
But still every dance will be different. I will listen to,
reflect and be influenced by each woman's interpretation. I
cannot transcend my own dance. But if the woman dances with
me, rather than merely follows...

Daniel Lapadula described it this way: Imagine the man is a
cup of coffee. And imagine that all women are different;
one woman is steamed cream, another is sugar, and a third
is Irish Whiskey. Each will improve the coffee, but the
combination of any one of them with the coffee will be very
different. [More than one at a time, or anything involving
whipped cream, and you have to go to a different list. :-)]

Susana Miller once said (about a woman obsessed with
technique), that a woman may follow flawlessly, and yet
never dance. She asked why I would waste my time with a
woman who doesn't dance, no matter how well she follows.

Sean

--- Krasimir Stoyanov <krasimir at krasimir.com> wrote:

Look all the good performances on youtube. Do you see a
single one, where the leader does not DETERMINE the step? I
have yet to see any, good or even bad, performance where
both are equal 50% leaders.

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/