[Tango-L] Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 23 09:23:43 EST 2007

MEN ARE FROM MARS, WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS

  === Here's something that I got from the book:

  Men are from Mars: When discussing something, men want to state the answer.

  Women are from Venus: Women discuss to discuss. The answer isn't as important as the exchange of information.  (It's been a while since I've read the book.  I know I could have stated this better.)

  === Here is how I see it playing out in life:

  The man has the answer (so he thinks) and forces it on the woman.

  Because the man *has the answer*, he is forcing the conversation toward a monologue.

  The woman is barraged with this everyday.

  === Let's apply it to tango:

  Plenty of men *know* they are doing the step correctly, therefore they believe that the woman should accept it and just follow, damn it!

  Plenty of men *know they are right* and are awfully busy telling the women that they are wrong.

  These men turn the dance into a monologue.

  Women would sure love a beautiful conversation.

=== Here is how I see it applying to these posts:

  The women have stated, very clearly, that they don't appreciate being thought of in certain ways.

  The men *are right* and must make the women see this.

  === Putting it all together

  Men, if you will stop having to be right, this thread will cease to the delight of many!

  Try this on:  You don't have to understand Venus. It's okay.  Take a vow of silence on this topic for a week.  At the end of that week, be okay with that silence!

  Thank you, in advance, for not responding to this post.