[Tango-L] Don't blame your follower

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Fri Dec 21 05:55:04 EST 2007

> I find nothing offensive to play the role of a Stradivarius in the hands
> of
> a talented musician.
>
> But you, ladies, are free to feel offended and miss the whole point.

Talk like this is cheap if it comes from a man.
The point is that the whole tone of the statement of "playing her like a..."
whatever instrument tells me through intuition and experience that we are
not dealing here with a "talented musician" of the class of someone who'd
own a Stradivarius.
I'd rather be a broom in the hands of El Pulpo (was this him?) in that video
than to be manhandled by someone with the approach discussed above.
Just like a lover who thinks, he just needs to press those buttons described
in the manual he read can make a woman feel like a machine who has an
engineer fiddling around with it, the tangodancer's efforts in getting his
"instrument" to play what he wants may not be appreciated the way he
expected.

Victor:
>> The 'playing her like a violin' comments are generally offensive but have
>> their place.

>> And, to the comment .. "that's great! he is playing her like a fine
>> violin..".
>> I agree - yuck!! is the perfect response.
>>
>> B, if this is your first post, please, let's hear more from you.
>>
>> Keith, HK
>>

>> On Mon Dec 17 4:04 , buffmilonguera at aol.com sent:

once I was