[Tango-L] Don't blame your follower ...keys

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 14:06:22 EST 2007

Hello, again, Keith!

  Add in!  Teachers fill their classes by teaching patterns.  It is a necessary evil.  But, in time, everyone must learn that ballroom is patterns and Argentine tango (well, except for show tango and coreography) is not.

  Tango is in the body, not the patterns!!!!

Keith <keith at tangohk.com> wrote:
  The obvious answer Steve is ... lead the way.

What Mario actually asked was .... "which Tango sequences (patterns) can be danced
in close embrace ... as I want to spend my time learning/practising only those
patterns ..."

If anyone had attempted to provide such information, he would have been mercilessly
flamed by the list. I did think about correcting Mario's perceptions about how Tango
should be danced, i.e. without fixed and practiced patterns, but I figured I'd just
get flamed anyway for ... 'not being nice to a newbie', so I didn't bother.

Keith, HK

On Tue Dec 18 1:18 , steve pastor sent: