[Tango-L] Don't blame your follower ...keys

steve pastor tang0man2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 16:05:38 EST 2007

The answer will emphasize steps, weight changes, and several steps
  strung together, all of which can be danced pretty much in place.
If anyone wants to flame me for writing about "several steps strung
  together", I can take the heat.
  Meanwhile, Mario will, I think, appreciate any advice, regardless.
  Don't wait for me if you have something he can use.
  It takes time to write well (especially with a critcal audience),
  especially about something as internal to the couple as "close
  embrace".
  And, I really was curious as to what kind of response he would get.

Keith <keith at tangohk.com> wrote:
  The obvious answer Steve is ... lead the way.

What Mario actually asked was .... "which Tango sequences (patterns) can be danced
in close embrace ... as I want to spend my time learning/practising only those
patterns ..."

If anyone had attempted to provide such information, he would have been mercilessly
flamed by the list. I did think about correcting Mario's perceptions about how Tango
should be danced, i.e. without fixed and practiced patterns, but I figured I'd just
get flamed anyway for ... 'not being nice to a newbie', so I didn't bother.

Keith, HK

On Tue Dec 18 1:18 , steve pastor sent: