[Tango-L] Don't blame your follower

Tango For Her tangopeer at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 16 11:58:39 EST 2007

Again, I have been blessed to have the best teachers in the world.  I can only relay what they teach me.  If you want to dance with guys that don't see the floor as a canvas, then, they might be confined to patterns.  Does anyone else out there agree that there are no patterns in Argentine tango?

  Go insult a younger dancer.  Please!  Thinking of the floor as my canvas as opened my mind.  There is only the side step, back step, front step and the pivot.  After that, it is the leader's imagine.  So, pleeeeeeeeeeeese, save your insults for someone else!

Astrid <astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp> wrote:
  "the floor is my canvas and the woman is my brush. If I have built up her
confidence to the point that she feels secure and becomes elastic, I
wouldn't expect her to be trying to correct for my overwinding of her body.
It takes away from the ultimate art. And, we have to remember. The women
are the ones that can dance! We're just along for the ride, suggesting what
we would like to see!"

why does reading this make me feel uncomfortable? Starting with the first
sentence, I was beginning to cringe. And arriving at the last two sentences,
no, sorry, Tango-for-her, the flounces that you see swishing by the door is
me outta here...

sincerely
Astrid ; )