[Tango-L] A Big musicality quotient

Keith Elshaw keith at totango.net
Thu Dec 6 16:13:52 EST 2007

One of the reasons AT has always had a special pull for me is that it
demands one express oneself. How you feel at the moment, how you feel
about life and everything.

Seems to me that one's musicality will come to fore best when:

One is "lost" in the music;

One feels confident about self in the sense that no "thinking" is going on;

And one "feels" something for/with one's PARTNER! (for these few minutes).

I suspect that my musicality is felt by my partner the moment I take her
in my arms. And she feels something like, "OK - something is happening
here."

When she feels it too, I sense something or feel a little twitch or
whatever ... and she excites me. We feed off each other's feelings. All
inside the music.

Tango is so intricate it naturally excites the intellect. Of course we
want to analyze and seek to understand.

But - stop thinking for crying out loud.

Feel. There-in lies musicality.

I humbly submit.