[Tango-L] Who leads what, who follows what

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:11:33 EST 2007

Hi Doug,

I think that maybe I misunderstood your post. Sorry for the confusion...

> I think each person decides for himself what is good tango dancing. I don't
> judge. After all, is just dance. Is fun. Is not my work. Maybe you stop
> reading now if you think I try to tell anyone else what is good, what is not
> good. I don't do that. You decide for your self what is good, what sucks.

I hope you did not think that I judged your dancing... I've never seen you dance and I really have no idea of who you are. I read in your posts that you wrote that your partner was great but you sucked.... I actually thought you were being too hard on yourself....

> Then, I throw all away. All. And just dance with respect for music, for
> floor and for partner so each woman thinks I dance only for her. Only for
> her pleasure and her fun. Then I think I am good tango dancer. Today I am
> good at some small little piece of tango. But so what? In big picture, I
> suck. And it is OK. I still have fun every time I practice, every time I
> dance.
>
> My partner danced with me for over one hour this morning in my apartment.
> We laughed a lot. We just walked. We played. We stopped and did things
> again and again. We fixed volcada where she is standing on left foot. Now
> it is very smooth, very supported, very comfortable for partner. Can do
> very small or very big. And it works always. At least always today. At
> least always today with her. One small thing. And we had a lot of fun.
>
> Tango is for me a 20 year project. And that is good. Yes?

OK, you got me there. Good joke on me ;-). Obviously you are already quite an accomplished tango dancer. You had me going there for a while, LOL.... I'm sorry, I should have never presumed to give you advise.

Cheers,

Manuel