[Tango-L] To lead or not to lead

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 18:08:38 EDT 2007

Thanks, Nancy, for addressing what actually happens.  It's
nice to know that the men will adjust.  I had gotten the
impression that they wouldn't or that they'd think "those
foreigners can't dance!" or something like that.

Any other observations along those lines from anyone else?

Trini de Pittsburgh

--- NANCY <ningle_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> There are at least four guys that I dance with here
> and in BsAs who never dance the cross, so all those
> women who are automatically crossing "at the 5 of the
> 'Basic 8" are going to be in for some stumbles.  There
> is a lead for the cross.  When I get it, I do it.  .
> Many guys, failing to get me to do an auto cross, lift
> their right shoulder to get me to move.  A slight
> contra body movement would do it without the strain.
> Of course, they are the ones who are accustomed to the
> auto-cross followers. And many followers auto-cross
> because the leaders don't give them that extra beat to
> make their cross.
>
>  Hector at Nino Bien and Lo de Celia  starts a lead to
> a cross and then makes me do a small, tight boleo
> around my  own right foot.. using the momentum of my
> movement just as he would any other boleo.
>
> But what do I know?  I am only a follower.
>
> Nancy

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/