[Tango-L] Womans' Front Cross

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 03:37:40 EDT 2007

>  In that case, why does the woman's front cross only
> happen when the man is walking outside partner on the
> right side?

That's the open side of the embrace, so it's easier.

What I found odd was that although it doesn't take much for
me to cross, with Jon, I felt nothing, nada, zip.  It would
seem to me that for him to develop that type of non-lead
must mean that the women must be doing it automatically in
his neck of the woods.

So, guys, could you comment on what actually happens with
the BsAs tangueras when you dance with them?  Do you lead
it or not lead it when taking them to the cross?  Is it
more like blocking the cross when you don't want them to
cross?  Is it any different than what you feel in the
States?

By the way, Sean once commented after dancing with an older
tanguero that to get her to cross, it was like he had to
press the right button on her back, otherwise, she wasn't
going to cross.

Trini de Pittsburgh

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/