[Tango-L] Leading Cross

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Fri Aug 24 01:18:29 EDT 2007

Igor,

If it's so easy, why don't you tell us?

Various teachers have taught me to lead the cross with;

1. Forward body movement and a body turn to right;
2. Forward body movement and a body turn to left;
3. No turn, but forward body movement and slight movement to the left;
4. No lead necessary;
5. Forward body movement and put the girl into the cross.

The fact is that if the girl knows when and how to cross, all the above will work [except maybe 4].
Equally, if the girl doesn't know when and how to cross, nothing will work. The cross cannot be lead
unless the girl knows it. If you don't believe me, try it with a complete beginner.

So, come on Igor - tell us your easy method for leading the cross.

Keith, HK

 On Fri Aug 24 12:42 , "Igor Polk"  sent: