[Tango-L] ATM withdrawals and money exchanges in Buenos Aires

Christian Lüthen christian.luethen at gmx.net
Wed Apr 25 16:54:15 EDT 2007

Ooops, Caroline,

this wasn't meant personally!!! This was more of a general remark ...
esp. to those who do not have free high speed internet access at their
tango guest house!

But I have to admit that I can't imagine that I could save 75 Euro just by
checking exchange rates. But also I have to admit that my dutch VISA
card only charges me 1 % with a max of 1,50 Euro for any cash
withdrawl as long as I have a positive saldo on their account: I can put
money on it before leaving home and they'd even pay me an interest
rate of (currently) 2,4 percent.

I do not carry much cash to argentina any more. Only some pesos for
the taxi ride from the airport downtown (but also only if I still have
Pesos left from my last trip - otherwise I'd count on the ATM at the
airport), and Euro only if the tango guesthouse owner prefers a real
strong valuta currency. ;-)

Enjoy tango!
Christian

p.s.: btw - where are you from in Canada?