[Tango-L] Banking in BA

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Wed Apr 25 16:38:39 EDT 2007

As Janis says, BANELCO ATMS are only giving out 300 pesos.  The LINK
system at this point seems to be whatever your bank will limit you to.
The only bank where a tourist can exchange dollars for pesos is in the
airport.  No bank here in the Capital Federal will exchange money for
ANYONE regardless of where you are from unless you have an account with
them.

I direct all my guests to the banks in my barrio that have LINK ATM
machines.  I also take them to a Cambio if they have insisted on
bringing dollars.  Janis was 100% correct in her post about this. Yes,
you could have received more $$ from an ATM but it was probably a LINK
ATM and not BANELCO.

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (3.1.0.17 - 9.072.003).
http://www.pctools.com/anti-virus/