[Tango-L] How many pivots?

Gary Barnes garybarn at ozemail.com.au
Thu Apr 19 03:13:47 EDT 2007

Hi all

Well, I was watching a contemporary dance class last night and saw
maybe 15 different ways of making a pivot in 30 minutes (depending on
the woolliness of your meaning of 'pivot').  Some of these may be
useful in  some kinds of tango, but not most.

Perhaps better questions are:

1)  'What styles of pivot do I think belong in the tango I want to
dance'
2)  'What do I need to do to make them work'

The discussion so far provides some useful technical pointers about
question 2, for verbal learners like me.

Question 1 is probably better answered by watching people dance, and
dancing with people.

my 2.2 c (with local taxes)

Gary