[Tango-L] How many pivots?

Igor Polk ipolk at virtuar.com
Thu Apr 19 02:45:30 EDT 2007

Trini,
I am not able to answer you, I do not want to look as a beginner.
So, if you are so sure there are only 2 good methods of making a pivot, so
be it.
Everyone else can find an answer on my site.

Igor Polk.

Hi Igor,

  Actually, beginners sometimes try to use their foot to pivot, resulting in
a hopping pivot.  Some people throw their shoulders.  Some throw their leg.
These last 2 result in spirals but also tend to result in loss of balance.
That's all I can think of.

  Nighty-night,
  Trini

Igor Polk <ipolk at virtuar.com> wrote:
  So, Trini, is there only 2 techniques to make a pivot?
"Dissociation" with "the impetus from the hip" and "Spirals" ?

Igor Polk