[Tango-L] How many pivots?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 02:19:57 EDT 2007

Hi Igor,

  Actually, beginners sometimes try to use their foot to pivot, resulting in a hopping pivot.  Some people throw their shoulders.  Some throw their leg.  These last 2 result in spirals but also tend to result in loss of balance.  That's all I can think of.

  Nighty-night,
  Trini

Igor Polk <ipolk at virtuar.com> wrote:
  So, Trini, is there only 2 techniques to make a pivot?
"Dissociation" with "the impetus from the hip" and "Spirals" ?

Igor Polk

Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh's most popular social dance.
http://patangos.home.comcast.net/