[Tango-L] learning

Bruno Romero romerob at telusplanet.net
Sun Apr 15 02:45:15 EDT 2007

Hi Keith,

I had taught tango classes for beginning students quite a few times, and one
of the problems I find is people with little or no rhythm at all.

The crux of the problem you stated is in the methodology applied. In other
words, how the instructor would present the material to untrained people in
tango music so that listening and feeling are part of what is taught.

Is a matter of options, an instructor can teach students to dance
mechanically, or he/she can work with students to associate movement with
music.

Bruno