[Tango-L] No music at practica????

Keith Elshaw keith at totango.net
Sat Apr 14 12:54:37 EDT 2007

Michael wrote:

>I've never understood why there is music at practicas. I thought the
purpose of practicas was to practice figures. To me, the music gets in
the way.

Dear Michael;

Having so clearly enunciated how you have approached tango for a long
time, it could be that you have here reached the equivalent of an
epiphinamic moment ...

In contemplation of each of those sentences, invert the premise of each.
Play a sincere game with yourself for a year of believing you think in
exactly the Opposite Way. And really give that way of approaching tango a
chance to see if it takes root in you.

Your dancing pleasure and that of your partners will dramatically grow.

Best,

ke