[Tango-L] Leading vs. Following

WHITE 95 R white95r at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 8 12:23:10 EDT 2007

Hi Michael,

I agree with you in that it might not be useful to compare leading vs.
following . I don't know which one is more difficult, but I cab certainly
appreciate the skill and talent of a good follower. However, I completely
disagree in that leading is mental and following is physical. In my
experience leading is not mental at all. It is completely physical and
intuitive. As a leader, i follow the music, propose a move to my partner
"and" follow her.... All this is done in real time. There is absolutely no
time to get mental about it. There are just too many things going on at the
same time..... If one is confident of one's dancing and things go well most
of the time, it's easy to understand when something that goes wrong is one's
fault or not..

Manuel

visit our webpage
www.tango-rio.com