[Tango-L] The Flying Dutchman

Caroline Polack runcarolinerun at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 6 15:33:10 EDT 2007

Hi Igor,

well, if the leader was a beginner - I would take a more gentle tact and
offer suggestions but if he's been dancing long enough to know better,
believe me, I cut the tanda short. I am not mean about it, I just say thanks
and leave it at that. There's no excuse for anyone who's been dancing a long
time at milongas to fail to learn navigation. Either they're completely
oblivious or they don't care. Either way, I don't wish to encourage such
poor skills. I don't appreciate being led into other couples and having a
miserable time. If it was just one bump, fine. But if it was constant bumps
throughout the tanda, forget it, I rather cut the tanda short than be rudely
disrupted every 30 seconds because my leader has no common sense. If he
wishes to view me as an enemy, I don't care, for I won't be dancing with him
again.

Caroline:
"don't be afraid to cut the tanda short. He'll get the message."

That is the second best way to make a "tango enemy" for many years to come.
Do you want that?

I think it is much better if you put your hand on his shoulder tight and
tell "Please, care about me more, I am afraid to dance like that! Please,
slow down."

Caroline, what do you think, will it work?

Igor Polk