[Tango-L] Argentine Tango on "Dancing with the Stars"

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Thu Sep 21 12:25:00 EDT 2006

Michael wrote:

> I thought this would be a wonderful introduction for viewers not
> familar. What a DISAPPOINTMENT!! The music wasn't Argentine. It was
> something out of ballroom. ... was it tango?? Not to me.

Count yourself lucky, US. ;) The UK's show Strictly Dance Fever chose one
Argentine piece - a slow tango by Hugo Diáz, Milonga Triste - but then had
the competitors dancing milonga to it. The result has to be seen to be
believed:

 www.bbc.co.uk/strictlydancefever/dancefever/news/2005/05/22/19480.shtml

Chris