[Tango-L] Argentine Tango on Dancing with the Stars

JFPaloma@aol.com JFPaloma at aol.com
Thu Sep 21 11:28:09 EDT 2006

I would encourage everyone who has an opinion about what was presented as
Argentine Tango last night on DWTS to e-mail the show.   Argentine  Tango will
always be looked upon as a step-child by mainstream shows/films and  their
producers unless there is a tremendous and articulate  protest.

We need to do this, not only to defend the dance we all love, but so that
what we saw last night doesn't stay inside us and eat us up.

And we need to address the fact that when a presentation of Argentine  Tango
is made, the music should be a TANGO.  The fact that Argentine Tango  is a
cultural dance seems to have been totally overlooked by the producers and  the
music director.

If you go to abc.com and then to the Dancing With the Stars message  board,
you will see that the thread about bad tango performances has  already started.
 But at this point there are only a few.  If the  message board is flooded
with postings, the producers will pay attention.