[Tango-L] recommended travel agent for multi-stage air itineraries???

Meredith Klein meredithleeklein at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 18:30:27 EDT 2006

Does anyone know of a travel agent that can access discount airfares
on all continents relevant to tango (North & South America, Europe,
Asia and Australia)?  I need to buy a complicated multi-stage ticket
and the usual sources I use (expedia.com, orbitz.com, kayak.com,
bt-store.com, sidestep.com, etc.) don't work so well for
multi-continent, multi-stage tickets.

I've been looking at round-the-world tickets as well.  There's an
incredibly cool trip- planning tool offered by
http://www.airtreks.com/ that offers astounding quotes for multi-stage
trips.  Unfortunately, the real price of the ticket doesn't seem to be
as astounding as their initial quote (though some of their itineraries
are very cheap).

Although I usually use the internet to buy tickets, I'm having the
feeling that, for a complicated itinerary, it may be better to talk to
a real person, who could explain some of the choices one can make to
keep the cost of the ticket down.

Any ideas are appreciated...

Thanks!

Meredith