[Tango-L] To dance or not to dance-- that is the question

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Tue Oct 10 17:11:01 EDT 2006

> Nina wrote: "Many years ago, a great dancer told me that
there is no reason to > dance every tanda. If one dances
twice or three times, or even only once during an evening,
but with an incredible partner and to the perfect for that
moment music, then being at the milonga for hours was worth
it."

> Does it mean that one SHOULD NOT DANCE every tanda?
>
> Igor Polk.
Igor:
Nina wrote that QUALITY is more important than QUANTITY.
When I started dancing, I thought the ONLY way I could
better was to dance as many tandas as possible to get as
much experience as possible. This begs the question "Is BAD
tango better than NO tango?"

I'm still recovering from the car collision I was in nine
weeks ago. I can't dance every tanda and can't dance at my
usual level because one of my muscles atrophied. So for the
few tandas I can dance, I want it just like Nina described
above.

She didn't write "don't dance every tanda." She did write be
selective about the tandas you dance.

Michael Ditkoff
Washington, DC
Almost made a deal with the devil to recover from the car
collision

I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango